We are so thankful to God for the gift of “Revive Us” and the four nights of worship, prayer, testimony and Word. If you made it to any (or all) of the nights, we pray you were truly blessed. God was so gracious to allow His Spirit to move amongst us in a powerful way! The stories that we have already heard are nothing short of amazing and we are confident that we will continue to hear more stories in the coming weeks. In fact, if the Lord did something significant in you during Revive Us we would love to hear from you. Please consider going here and sharing that story so that others can be encouraged by the power and grace of God.
We want to remind you that the time we just experienced together was NOT merely an event, but a catalyst for deeper spiritual renewal that we pray overflows into a renewed commitment to pursue the Lord as our greatest treasure and live more fully into His mission.
As we move forward with full hearts and even greater expectations of what the Lord has for each of us, we wanted to encourage you with a couple of things that we hope will foster an ever-growing dependence upon God and a deeper, joy-fueling intimacy with Him. Here are some suggestions:
1. Pray that God would grow your hunger and longing for His Word. If you don’t already have a reading plan consider using Summit’s monthly reading plan. (Jeremiah 15:16) In conjunction with that plan, we’ve also prepared a week long devotional on Joy that you can access here.
2. Spend time in prayer daily. Consider using the time in your car and at other times throughout your day to commune with your Heavenly Father through prayer. (1 Thess. 5:16-18)
3. Strive to deal ruthlessly with sin, asking God for His grace to repent from anything that does not glorify Him. (Psalm 32:5, Isaiah 55:6-7)
4. Consider who you might invite into this journey with you-- a spouse, friend, co-worker. Be committed to community. We were not created or called to live in isolation. (Hebrews 10:24-25, Ecc. 4:9-12)
5. Ask God to give you His heart for the lost around you. Ask the Lord for continual opportunities to boldly share the Gospel. (Col. 4:2-6)
6. Walk in ever-growing thankfulness. May your gratitude fuel your worship of our great God. (1 Thess 5:18, Psalm 107:1)
7. Take time to actually write out what God did in your life this past week. Make space to ponder and consider the work of the Lord. Consider sharing that with someone. (Psalm 105:5)
We are so grateful for you and thank God that you are a part of this Summit family. May you continue to experience the fullness of truth that, “The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” - Zephaniah 3:17